Want to put your air fryer to the test this weekend? Stuffed chicken breast might be worth a bite. Adhere to this stuffed chicken breast recipe, and you should be licking your fingers in the end.
- 4 Long toothpicks
- 4 Teaspoons of chili powder
- 4 Teaspoons cumin
- 1 Skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 Teaspoon chipotle flakes
- 2 Teaspoon Mexican oregano
- Black pepper
- ½ Onion
- ½ Red bell better
- 1 Fresh jalapeno pepper
- 2 Teaspoon of corn oil
- ½ Lime
- Split the teaspoons of chili powder into two portions.
- Grind the cumin
- Divide the teaspoons of ground cumin into two portions
- Slice the ½ bulb of onion into two parts
- Slice the fresh jalapeno pepper into two parts
- Slice the red bell pepper into two parts
- Grind the black pepper to a powder form
- Extract the juice of the ½ lime
- Get a clean small bowl.
- Place the long toothpicks in the bowl and fill the bowl to the brim with water. This is to ensure they don’t go up in flames during the cooking process.
- Get a separate dish, and add one portion of the chili powder kept aside, and mix with one portion of the ground cumin with it.
- Wash the chicken breast. Place it on a cutting board. Cut the chicken breast into two halves. Spread a clean plastic bag over each half of the chicken breast. Pound them using a kitchen rolling pin or something with the required weight from the center to the edges. Pound the chicken breast with short even strokes. Do this until the thickness of the chicken breast reduces and its edges tapers out.
- Dredge each chicken breast in the leftover portion of chili powder, ground cumin, and chipotle flakes. Add the oregano, salt, and pepper to the already spiced up chicken breast.
- To one half of the chicken breast, place some of the bell pepper, onion and jalapeno pepper. These ingredients should be placed at its center. Afterward, wrap the content with the chicken breast. To the 2nd half of the chicken breast, place the leftover bell pepper, onion and jalapeno pepper.
- Use the long toothpicks from earlier to ensure each wrap of the chicken breast doesn’t come loose.
- Dust each half of the wrapped chicken breast in the mixture of chili and cumin earlier set aside.
- Drip the wrapped chicken breast with corn oil. It is important every inch of each wrap of chicken breast is laced with the corn oil.
- Detach the air fryer basket from the device, and place each wrapped chicken breast inside. Ensure the toothpicks are not touching the pan.
- Turn on the air fryer and set the temperature to about 200ºC and the timer to 6 minutes.
- For an evenly cooked chicken breast, turn the wraps over.
- Before removing the chicken breast wraps from the air fryer, ensure the juice have dried up.
- Splash the chicken breast with lime juice.
- Serve while hot.
Now check our air fryers reviews here.